So I had some free time since I last posted so I hacked a little bit more into my simple game editor. I’ve a few things in there that I wanted to get in:
- A grid
- A paint mode to easily add sprites
- An erase mode so that sprites can be removed
- Fully (or so it seems) working property addition to the sprites
- Added some organization to the code. I was hacking on this enough that putting things in their right spot started to make more and more sense.
- Started to use mercurial to keep track of source changes. I know how important version control is, and after making a silly mistake I decided that I wanted to start using it with this project.
You can take a look at how things are working here:
It’s not pretty yet, but it’s coming along.